Blenheim Palace was built in the early 18th Century to celebrate victory over the French in the War of the Spanish Succession.In particular, it was built as a gift to the 1st Duke of Marlborough, John Churchill, the military commander who led the Allied forces in the Battle of Blenheim on 13th August 1704. Marlborough himself received the surrender from Marshall Tallard, leader of the French forces, following the battle.
Oxfordshire OX20 1PP
Telephone enquiries: 01993 810530
Freephone 0800 849 6500